BHAKTI YOGA: THE ART OF DEVOTION
The tantric practices that bring us to a state of bhakti or devotion are plenty and varied.
Includes a practice of personal exploration through the goddesses Lakshmi, Durga and Saraswati. Emphasis is placed on developing a sadhana or daily personal practice.
Learning objectives include:
• Understand the historical context of tantra yoga
• Understand the path of bhakti yoga
• Increase the repertoire of practices that might bring one to a place of bhakti/devotion
• Learn the Hindu deities and their individual expressions
• Consider the function and use of mantras in a personal practice
• Create a sankalpa or personal intention statement.
• Plan and implementing a sadhana based on one’s personal needs.