Learn to intentionally use stories, questioning and suggestive language to create a meaningful and transformational yogic experience for your students.
Includes a meditative asana exploration with journaling.
Learning objectives will include the following:
• Understand the role of asana in the history of yoga
• Review the Art of Yoga as presented at the Cleveland Museum of Art
• Review the stories behind the asanas and the deities for which they are named
• Consider the language of asanas/the meaning within each shape
• Experiencing bhava/feeling mind within an asana and within a class
• Develop a personal understanding of asanas within the body
• Create bhava/using themes for inspiring yoga classes