Are you interested in taking your yoga teaching from good to great and creating classes that inspire and empower? My 300 hour advanced teacher training program is an offering which honors the complete practice of yoga. You can expect to move beyond your foundation as a yoga teacher towards mastery of your craft.
YOGAkron 108 Teaching Training is designed to develop mastery in the following areas:
- Develop a personal presence that allows you to connect with students and provide a supportive space for growth.
- Incorporate pranayama, mudra, mantra and meditation to create a complete and meaningful studio yoga class.
- Make yoga history and philosophy accessible and helpful to everyday people living everyday lives.
- Create intelligent vinyasa sequences that allow the body to find the space and strength to welcome challenging asanas.
- Understand the anatomy of movement, the flow of energy and the use of breath for physically satisfying experiences.
- Gain experience, knowledge and feedback to offer safe, supportive and satisfying assists.
- Understand the 'whys' and 'hows' of both restorative yoga and yin yoga.
- Learn how to safely and beneficially plan for students with physical limitations and/or injuries including chair yoga.
- Gain knowledge to confidently include women who are pregnant: prenatal or postnatal.
- Learn to plan classes for children, teens and families that are fun and that create unity and peace.
- Receive a Reiki 1 attunement and learn ways to offer aromatherapy intelligently.
- Create yoga classes which offer bhakti and a feeling of power…or freedom…or peace…purposefully.
- Cultivate a personal lifestyle attuned to Ayurveda practices, philosophical teachings, and yogic traditions.
- Develop an area of personal expertise that steps you into the role of a leader in the greater yoga community.
- Join others in offering SEVA so that your love of yoga becomes a gift to those who need.
- Participate in a full day of retreat structured carefully and mindfully to guide you into the stillness of your own heart.
- Learn how to develop yourself as a professional in the field of yoga through sound business practices.
- Gain insight from internationally known teachers and local experts and become a member of a learning community.
- Live your yoga from a personal center of truth and authenticity with such clarity that you being YOU inspires and empowers others.
You will be joining a professional learning community that offers more than deep philosophical discussions and kick-butt asana practices. You’ll find a group of like-minded people committed, as you are, to living their yoga practice off the mat and out of the studio. You’ll connect with others who are living open-hearted and purpose-driven lives. You’ll gain support from a peer group that understands the everyday challenges of living one’s passion. You’ll discover and claim your personal gifts and offer them through your teachings.
Save the Dates | 2018 Program Weekends
- January 19th-21st
- February 23rd-25th
- March 10th-11th
- April 7th-8th
- April 21st-22nd
- May 18th-20th
- June 9th-10th
- July 8th
- July 14th-15th
- August 19th-20th
- September 15th-16th
- October 13th-14th
- October 27th-28th
- November 17th-18th
- December 7th-9th
**Please note: Dates are as concrete as possible. They are subject to change with clear communication to participants.
***While it is possible to complete the program in twelve months, those who would like a less intense experience, need to make-up absences or require longer to complete their projects may elect to complete the program within 24 months. Missed sessions can be taken the following year without additional charge. Make-up sessions with guest teachers require additional payment.
Sessions will be held at Terra Amma; 1862 Akron Peninsula Road, Akron OH 44313 on Friday evenings 5/6pm-9pm, Saturday 8am -4pm and Sunday 10am-4pm.
Sunday morning yoga practice will be held at Yoga Bliss in Fairlawn, OH beginning at 8:00AM. Following the practice, we will reconvene at Terra Amma to complete the day 10am -4pm.
There is one special location scheduled:
Want more information?
I do have more information to share with those interested in the program. The reading list, tuition/payment plan, a complete calendar of the session topics and more are available. And I am happy to answer individual questions and address personal concerns. Please reach out to me at email@example.com. I sincerely welcome your inquiry.
How to Apply:
Please click the button below to begin your application. A $50 non-refundable application fee is required.